Selected Publications in Journals
Selected Publications in Books
- Pollution Abatement as a Source of Stabilization and Growth, with Dimitrios Varvarigos, forthcoming in Macroeconomic Dynamics.
- The Crisis in the Euro Area: An Analytic Overview, with Heather D. Gibson and George S. Tavlas, Journal of Macroeconomics, March 2014, 39, Part B, 233-239.
- A Search-Equilibrium Approach to the Effects of Immigration on Labor Market Outcomes, with Andri Chassamboulli, International Economic Review, February 2014, 55(1), 111-129. Working Paper version (including the Appendix) here.
- The Impact of Immigration on the Employment and Wages of Native Workers, with Andri Chassamboulli, Journal of Macroeconomics, December 2013, 38, Part A, 19-34.
- Intergenerational Complementarities in Education, Endogenous Public Policy, and the Relation between Volatility and Growth, with Dimitrios Varvarigos, Journal of Public Economic Theory, April 2013, 15(2), 249-272.
- Education and Growth: A Simple Model with Complicated Dynamics, with Dimitrios Varvarigos, International Journal of Economic Theory, December 2010, 6(4), 367-384.
- The Elasticity of Substitution as an Engine of Growth, with Giannis Karagiannis, Macroeconomic Dynamics, November 2010, 14(5), 617-628.
- The Behavior of the Saving Rate in the Neoclassical Optimal Growth Model, with Anastasia Litina, Macroeconomic Dynamics, September 2010, 14(4), 482 - 500.
- Welfare Effects of Illegal Immigration, Journal of Population Economics, January 2009, 22(1), 131-144.
- Do Inada Conditions Imply that Production Function Must Be Asymptotically Cobb-Douglas? A Comment, with Anastasia Litina, Economics Letters, June 2008, 99(3), 498-499.
- Optimal Monetary Policy in an Economy with Heterogeneous Agents: A Case for Inflation, Oxford Economic Papers, January 2005, 57(1), 34-50.
- The Economics of New Blood, with Derek Laing and Ping Wang, Journal of Economic Theory, September 2003, 112(1), 106-156.
- Transitional Dynamics and Indeterminacy of Equilibria in an Endogenous Growth Model with a Public Input, with Chong Yip and Junxi Zhang, Review of Development Economics, February 2003, 7(1), 86-98.
- Product Diffusion and Pricing with Market Frictions, with Derek Laing, and Ping Wang, Economic Theory, June 2002, 19(4), 707-736.
- Social Norms, Fertility Behavior and Development Traps, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, December 2001, 25(12), 1919-1934.
- On the Existence of Balanced Growth Equilibrium, with Ping Wang and Jianbo Zhang, International Economic Review, February 1997, 38(1), 205-224.
- Gains from Trade for a Monetary Economy Once Again, with Chong Yip, Canadian Journal of Economics, February 1997, 30(1), 208-223.
- Spatial Agglomeration and Endogenous Growth, with Ping Wang, Regional Science and Urban Economics, December 1996, 26(6), 645-669.
- Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison, with Chong Yip, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, November 1995, 27(4), Part 1, 1159-1178.
- Endogenous Fertility, Multiple Growth Paths, and Economic Convergence, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, November 1995, 19(8), 1489-1510.
- R&D in a Model of Search and Growth, with Derek Laing and Ping Wang, American Economic Review, May 1995, 85(2), 291-295.
- Learning, Matching, and Growth, with Derek Laing and Ping Wang, Review of Economic Studies, January 1995, 62(1), 115-129.
- Velocity of Money in a Modified Cash-in-Advance Economy: Theory and Evidence, with Ping Wang and Jianbo Zhang, Journal of Macroeconomics, Spring 1993, 15(2), pp. 225-248.
- Optimal Population Size and Endogenous Growth, with Chong Yip, Economics Letters, 1993, 41(1), pp. 107-110.
Selected Publications in Books
- Illegal Immigration, Factor Substitution and Economic Growth, with Jianpo Xue and Chong Yip. In: Frontiers of Economic Growth and Development, edited by Olivier de La Grandville, Emerald, 2011, pp. 455-481.
- Variable Elasticity of Substitution and Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence, with Giannis Karagiannis and Chris Papageorgiou. In: New Trends in Macroeconomics, edited by Claude Diebolt and Catherine Kyrtsou, Springer, 2005, pp. 21-37.
- On the Relationship between Fertility and Public Education in Different Stages of Development, with Carol Lehr. In: Human Capital, Trade and Public Policy in Growing Economies: From Theory to Empirics, edited by Michele Boldrin, Been-Lon Cheng and Ping Wang, Edward Elgar, 2004, pp. 65-92.